Dark Souls: Prepare To Be Modded


You can find a copy of this guide over at my new website!

I recently got Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition and like many other, I realised how horrible the port is for this game. Before I got it though, and I probably would not have if I didn't see this, I read that there is several mods to fix this game, making it better than the console version by far.

So after installing all the mods I liked, I am having a lot of fun with this game and decided to create this list of mods I am using. Hopefully this will make it easier for people as some mods became outdated with a recent patch to Dark Souls, so I had to find the new versions.

The majority of these files include readme files, so make sure to read it in detail when installing.

NEEDED:
You can try to play the game without these, but it won't be great....

DSFix: This allows you to have better graphics overall including higher resolution.

DSMFix: For full mouse support.

Dark Souls Controls: This is VERY handy for seeing what controls does what on the keyboard. All thanks to Tru3Magic!

-----------------

EXTRA:
These are extra mods I installed.
Note: DSFix is needed for all of these.

Dark Souls HD Texture Pack: As the name suggests, this is a HD Texture Pack.

High-Res UI and Subtitle fonts: Makes the interface much prettier!

Dark Souls Flora Overhaul: Pretty plants!

Black keyboard buttons icons: Replaces the hints with keyboard keys instead of console keys. Note this isn't always accurate as some buttons differ, but looks better than the bright colored buttons from the Xbox.

Dark Souls Fixed Edition – Launcher: With DXFix you can set graphic settings for the game. This is basically a GUI version of that so that you don't have to manually edit the text file.

Hope this help some people, and if you have any problems, feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment